Sunday, July 24, 2011

Updates!

Riley is 8 months old!!!!!

So last time I updated Rileyw as working on his fifth tooth. That one broke the skin several days ago so he now officially has five teeth! The other one in the top front looks like it will be the next to show up.

He's not quite crawling yet, but he slithers in such a way that he gets everywhere he wants to go. He pushes with his toes to launch himself towards what he's after.

He sits up like a pro! He teeters a little but he recovers and doesn't fall over often. I think when he does fall it's because he reaches a little too far for something. He can ride in the child seats in the shopping carts now =) It's so nice not to have the car seat in the cart. And he can watch everyone from there so he likes it too.

He's starting to mimic me. If I caugh, he'll caugh. When he sits up he'll slap his legs. If I copy him, he'll continue to do it and watch for me to repeat him.

We play a game where I hide behind his big elephant stuffed animal and pop out from behind him. Riley figured it out the other day, and now that he knows I'm back there he'll grab the stuffed animal and pull it away so he can see me and giggles.

He seems to like swimming. He's been in the pool twice now. He kicks his legs and he hops lol

He also likes bubbles. He'll watch them fly by forever and ever. I'll take his hand and help him pop them and he gets so confused lol.

We're trying to teach him to be gentle when he touches people and animals. He'll swat at you, and he gets so excited around animals that he flails his arms. He doesn't mean any harm he's just excited.

He also enjoys the slides at the park =)



No comments:

Post a Comment