Sunday, July 31, 2011

Herrick Park

We took Riley out to Herrick park yesterday to meet with some friends. Aimee's friend Kate was visiting Michigan for the weekend with her five year old daughter, and Jeremy was in town camping with them. We had a good time hanging out at the beach, though we didn't swim. Then we hung out at the camp ground a little while around the fire, had hot dogs and smores. Riley did so good all day. He got to meet new people, fell asleep in Kate's arms, and play on the swing and slide. He touched sand for the first time, and looked very unhappy about it.

Poor guy got a little too much sun. I had sunscreen on him but I didn't get it close enough to his eyes, he's got tiny sunburns under his eyes, it makes him look like a racoon. They were bright red last night when we got him out of the bathtub, but they look much better today. I was thinking about just calling the pediatrician to see if they'd want to look at it, sunburns before age 1 can be dangerous, but today it looks really mild. I can only tell it's there because I know it is, and I know how pale his skin normally is. If it still looks good Monday I won't worry about it, I have an aloe lotion for it and it doesn't seem to hurt him.





And Chloe was there =) Lisa and Justin came out from lansing, and CJ had his son Connor there for a little while. Thinking maybe next year we can camp with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment