Friday, May 27, 2011

Riley was sleeping so well through the night last week, he'd been doing good for a while. The last couple of nights have not been good.

Two nights ago I got up to soothe him back to sleep 7 times in 8 hours. He didn't act like he was in pain, he was just awake. Last night, he woke up crying at 1am, and I mean wailing in pain. We gave him tylenol, held him a while and finally fed him. He ate about 5 ounces and fell back asleep. Then he was up again at 4, Collen changed him and had to change the sheets because he spit up. I managed to get him back to sleep by rubbing his tummy and chest. He then slept until about 9.

I'm hoping he doesn't have an ear infection. It was one of the topics in a parenting newsletter I get in my email. I just happened to be reading it and it said one of the symptoms is not falling asleep easily and not staying asleep long. It's been difficult to get him to fall asleep the last few nights, and he's been waking every couple of hours.

He could also just be teething. Or growing. He's 27 inches long now so he's definitely growing, and eating more. He has his 6 month checkup on the 2nd, I'm going to ask them about it.

On the bright side, Collen started his vacation so I'll have a little help with Mr. Crankypants for a little over a week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment